Lord Sheffield Tall Ship Adventures provides cruise ship shore excursions, day-sails, romantic sunset cruises and destination weddings aboard the traditionally rigged Lord Sheffield on the island of St Maarten in the Dutch Caribbean. If you are looking for cruise ship tours, shore trips, cruise ship shore excursions or things to do when visiting St Maarten … we may be what you are looking for.
The Lord Sheffield is a 72 foot square-rigged ship known as a brigantine. Embark on a sea voyage with us and we will take you back to a time when pirates menaced the Caribbean Sea. Relax and enjoy the Lord Sheffield’s famous BBQ food and abundant grog and see St Maarten from the sea.
Our Pirate Day Sail is the perfect shore excursion or tour for cruise ship visitors as we are located a short walk from the cruise ship pier and our morning-or-afternoon format allows you to get out on the water and explore St Maarten… all on the same day. Our day tour features sailing (with the engine off), guided snorkeling (snorkeling equipment included) , BBQ food and a really extensive open bar. We have both 3 hour and 4.5 hour tours available. This shore excursion is reasonably priced… starting at $69 PP. Book the 3 hour shore excursion now! Book the 4.5 hour shore excursion now!
Our Sunset Soiree is St Maarten’s cocktail party afloat… sail into the spectacular Caribbean sunset with our full open bar (including wine and champagne), plenty of food, sunset sailing music and excellent company. Return home under the stars.This tour is reasonably priced at only $59 per person. Book this tour now!
Why should you sail with us?
- We are a “boutique” tour and yet our prices are reasonable. We take a maximum of 25 guests and usually fewer.
- We have what you want to drink- including rum punch, margaritas, sodas, juices, beer, mixed drinks, water etc
- Our BBQ ribs and chicken are world famous and we cook them on-board so they are hot and fresh off the barbie.
- We depart from a safe dock and we are easily accessible for those with mobility limitations.
- We actually sail… we turn off the engine.
- We have a washroom (or head) on-board.
- We can arrange pickup and drop-off for many hotels in the Philipsburg area including Belair, Divi, Great Bay, Oyster Bay and The Westin for an additional $5 PP return.
- We are located very close to the cruise ship pier in St Maarten.
- We are family friendly. In fact we won the 2014 My Vacation Pages Top Family activity in St Maarten award.
The Lord Sheffield Boutique – Check out our new on-line store. Buy Lord Sheffield T-shirts, caps, aprons, calendars, posters, framed photographs and more! Perfect for gift giving or just remembering your trip to the wonderful island of St Maarten.
Please feel free to contact us!